Thursday 14 March 2013

Idle? Get busy, Use your fingers










You will be shocked at how creatively channelling idleness can help you achieve a lot more and even bringing out the positive *not negative* innate hidden abilities you possess.

My humble self got very idle and bored one Sunday afternoon after a long nap when I got back from church and guess what, I just picked up my sister's bead box(she started making beads a while ago but claims she does not have time anymore). I searched through the set of unused beads she had in the box and got my hands busy, in less than 3hours, I came up with some very nice beads some of which are presented in the pictures! 

Was proud of my achievement considering the fact that I had no formal bead training before now except from a friend of mine, Late Fatima Olayinka who I watched some years back while in school when she made  beads, and of course my sister when she was making a bead for our mum.

Surprisingly, barely 10mins after I used the pictures of the bead as display pictures on my BBM which I tagged "Fruits of idleness" I started getting loads of commendations and in-fact some people where wishing  for me to be idle so that I could come up with some more...lol . Some said that's an entrepreneurial spirit and encouraged me to think in that line. I wish I continued but my sister came snatching her beads according to her "I will spoil them" but did I actually do badly? you be the judge though...

Trust me to come up with a lot more soonest as I have been getting some funny idea lately and really been on the look out to try something new. I saw some very cute button designed interior decoration https://plus.google.com/u/0/112827054397386621787/posts https://plus.google.com/u/0/100859511220656941316/post
and I will try my fingers on them soon.

This drives home the fact that you can actually have some hidden innate abilities yet to be explored and sometimes idleness can bring them out. It may not necessarily be something to create, it could be poetry, music, drama etc. Yes you can write a script!


Just Get Busy!!!


Thanks for taking out time to read this, and please feel free to share and follow my blog too :-)  :-)  :-)

Hugs!


3 comments:

  1. Nice one Uju! All the beads to be worn by guests at my wedding will be made by U! . . . . U have won the contract!! Keep it up dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chijoke: Thanks very much dear!! Lolll. I don dey go market to shop for the beads ooo, send them messages sharp sharp...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Obianuju,

    Great job! Your bead necklaces look very elegant.

    This post really resonates with me. I am a passionate about DIY and wave the "Hand-work rocks!" flag happily. I also write about my DIY sewing projects.

    There's a pride that comes from self-sufficiency :-)

    ReplyDelete